Asashoryu should shut up about Chinggis Khan in the gag manga.
At first I wasn't sure if his tweet was serious or a joke, but then the Monglian Embassy made a complaint on Facebook and the publisher has made an apology.
I don't know anything about Asashoryu, but judging from his tweets, he is stupid and shouldn't be in the position of dealing with diplomacy.

It's a kiddy textbook doodling gag in a kiddy gag manga that 9 year old kids read.
It's something kids do in real life. I did it a lot, too.

Some people have said it is akin to using a Japanese emperor in a gag manga, but that's totally off.
Chinggis Khan is one of those universal legendary figures like Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.
Would anyone be offended if Caesar or Alexander was used in this gag instead of Chinggis Khan? I don't think so.

Whereas using a Japanese emperor in a gag manga would be highly political.
The equivalent of this would be using a Korean emperor/king, for example.

I really hope people aroud him tell him to stop the tantrum.
If this ends up creating some unwritten rule on manga, I will have to hate Mongolians.
And I don't want to hate them. Unlike some Mongolian sumo wrestler haters, I think they are great, except this one Asashoryu.
If you can't stand something like this elementary school penis gag in a manga, you shouldn't live in a foreign country in the first place.