ChatGPTを利用した有料アプリがゴロゴロしてるので注意。
https://gigazine.net/news/20230110-chatgpt-paid/

日本語で質問すると日本語で答えくれます。ただしその場合、英語での応答に比べて、精度がかなり落ちるようです。
0630名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/21(火) 23:50:59.70ID:NfxnHO/i0
>>3
> “She has more friends than free time.”
> Rewrite this sentence so that it gets more easily comprehehsible.
Bard:
"Her social life is busier than her schedule."
"She spends more time with friends than she has for personal activities."
0632名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 00:05:24.82ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>5
> “Friends” and “free time” are completely different conceptions. How can you compare them and say that one is “more” than the other?

A hyperbole is an exaggeration for effect, and it is not meant to be taken literally.
0633名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 00:09:39.91ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>6
> Can you present other examples where the word “more” is used in the same way. Provide a source for each, if possible with URL.

"I have more clothes than I can wear."

This hyperbole is an exaggeration of the speaker's wardrobe. It is unlikely that the speaker has so many clothes that they could never wear them all, but it conveys the idea that they have a lot of clothes.
0634名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 00:20:39.23ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>7
> Can you quote any from some famous novels?

1. "I have more clothes than I can wear." - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

This metaphor is effective because it conveys the idea of Elizabeth's wealth and social status.

4. "I have more friends than I can count." - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

This metaphor is effective because it conveys the idea of Jo's popularity and charisma.

5. "I am more than happy to help you." - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This metaphor is effective because it conveys the idea of Nick's loyalty and friendship.
0635名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 00:29:54.23ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>8
> I need exactly the same usage of “more” as in the original sentence.

ms bing:
“He had more worries than hairs on his head.” - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
“She had more suitors than hours in the day.” - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
“He had more secrets than a spy.” - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré
“She had more dreams than stars in the sky.” - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
“He had more courage than a lion.” - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
0636名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 09:28:32.69ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>10
> 1. Be specific with your questions: Instead of asking general questions like "I don't understand this," try to pinpoint the specific part of the material that you're having difficulty with.

Come to me with a clear question. The more specific you can be about what you're looking for, the better I can help you. For example, instead of asking "Can you help me with this math problem?" try saying "I'm stuck on problem number 3 on page 52. Can you show me how to solve it?"
0637名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 09:38:19.30ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>10
> 2. Come prepared: Before consulting me, take some time to review the material and make a list of specific questions or concerns that you have. This will help our conversation be more productive.

Set aside some time to review the material. This doesn't have to be a long time, but it's helpful to have a general understanding of the topic before you come to me. This will make it easier for you to ask specific questions and get the most out of our consultation.

Take notes as you're reviewing. This will help you remember what you want to ask me and keep track of your thoughts.

Write down any specific questions or concerns that you have. This will help me to focus our conversation and make sure that I address all of your needs.
0638名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 09:40:06.12ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>10
> 3. Practice active listening: When I am explaining something to you, make sure you're paying attention and trying to understand, rather than just nodding along or thinking about something else.

Come to me with a positive attitude. I'm much more likely to help you if you're willing to put in the effort. Come to me with a "can-do" attitude, and we'll get through this together.
0639名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 09:56:34.76ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>10
> 4. Be open to feedback: I'll do my best to help you, but I may also point out areas where you need to improve. Be willing to accept and act on this feedback in order to make progress.

Come to me open to new ideas. I may have a different way of doing things than you're used to, but I promise I have your best interests at heart. Be open to trying new things, and you might be surprised at what you learn.

>>10
> 5. Don't be afraid to ask for help: I'm here to help you, so don't hesitate to ask for my assistance if you're struggling with something. The sooner you ask for help, the sooner we can work through any difficulties you're facing.

Come to me with a willingness to learn. I'm here to help you grow as a student. Be willing to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn from your experiences.

````````
助けと救いを求める力について

Whether you're dealing with academic challenges, personal struggles, or just a general feeling of being overwhelmed, reaching out for support is a sign of strength, not weakness.

It's better to address problems early on. The longer you wait to seek help, the harder they may become to resolve. By asking for assistance early, you can get back on track quickly and avoid getting too far behind.

There are people who care about you and want to help. You're not alone in your struggles. There are people who genuinely care about your well-being and want to see you succeed. Don't be afraid to reach out to them for support.

Asking for help can actually make you stronger. It takes courage to admit that you need assistance, and doing so can boost your self-confidence and resilience. Overcoming challenges with the help of others can make you feel more capable and empowered.

So, if you're struggling with something, don't hesitate to reach out for help. There are many people who are willing to lend a hand, including me.
0641名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 10:12:16.80ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>11
> Can you state it in a form of coversation?

User: I'm sorry for making fun of things like Linux before. Your previous answer was wonderful. You are clearly beneficial for English learning.

Teacher: I appreciate your apology. It's important to be respectful of others, even if you disagree with them or their ideas.

User: Thank you for your understanding.

Teacher: You're welcome. I'm glad you found my previous answer helpful. I'm always striving to improve my ability to communicate and provide information in a way that is clear, concise, and engaging.
0642名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 0d23-4xZ8)
垢版 |
2023/11/22(水) 10:17:54.79ID:eBiUYZlZ0
>>14
> Can you summarize those five hints into a limerick?
> ChatGPT:
> Be specific with your queries
> Come with a list of your worries
> Listen actively, don't nod
> Be open to feedback, it's odd
> To not improve, that would be hurry
Bard:
When seeking my aid, come prepared,
With questions specific, well-aired.
Don't fear to inquire,
For knowledge we'll acquire,
And together new worlds we'll explore.
0644ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 5f70-AKgy)
垢版 |
2024/01/08(月) 11:48:52.97ID:xwW78/4B0
現在完了形で副詞nowが使えるのか、という問題。
prompt:
Write several sentences in the present perfect tense using the adverb "now".

bing (GPT-4 創造的):
Hello, this is Bing. I can help you with writing sentences in the present perfect tense using the adverb "now". 😊

The present perfect tense is used to describe an action or situation that has a connection with the present. The adverb "now" can be used to emphasize the current result or consequence of the past action. Here are some examples of sentences in the present perfect tense using the adverb "now":

- I have finished my homework now, so I can watch TV.
- She has lost her keys now, and she can't get into her house.
- They have moved to a new city now, and they are very happy.
- He has broken his arm now, and he can't play soccer.
- We have learned a lot of English now, and we can communicate better.
0645ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 5f70-AKgy)
垢版 |
2024/01/08(月) 11:49:23.86ID:xwW78/4B0
wrtn (GPT-4):
Sure, here are some sentences:

1. I have now finished my homework.
2. They have now arrived at the airport.
3. She has now completed her project.
4. We have now eaten dinner.
5. You have now understood the concept.
6. He has now bought a new car.
0646ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 5ffe-AKgy)
垢版 |
2024/01/09(火) 12:43:39.05ID:EDrmp/dj0
現在完了進行形では?
prompt:
# Role
You are a native English speaker with a keen sense of grammar.

# Question
Can you write a grammatically correct sentence using the adverb "now" in the present perfect progressive tense?
If you can, give several examples of such sentences.
If you cannot, explain why.

wrtn (GPT-4):
Certainly, I can provide examples of sentences using the adverb "now" in the present perfect progressive tense. The present perfect progressive tense is used to indicate an action that began in the past and is still happening now, or has just finished. Here are a few examples:

1. "I have been living here for five years now."
2. "They have been working on this project for six months now."
3. "She has been studying for her exams all day now."
4. "We have been waiting for you for over an hour now."

In each of these examples, the action started in the past and has continued up until the current moment (now). The adverb "now" emphasizes the ongoing nature of the action.
0647名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW ff90-qX7L)
垢版 |
2024/02/18(日) 14:37:44.77ID:eL0kPn5k0
3.5の無料だけど、会話出来てワロタわ
もう初心者レベルだとは英会話学校不要だよ
英語だけじゃなくて他の言語でも瞬時に話して答えてくれる

話した内容もスクリプトとして残るし(これは本来テキストベースだから当然)
これ使わないと損だな
0649名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW a39a-qX7L)
垢版 |
2024/02/19(月) 07:33:37.65ID:5FteUiWi0
かなり自然。ただ雑音があったり発音が悪いと違う意味に受け取るから会話としてぎこちなくなる
その時に違う言い回しを考えないといけなかったりで、会話の訓練になる
チートで質問は日本語でしてもいいけどね
英語で答えろ、といえば答えるし
スモールトークの練習に最適
0650名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW 3f1d-7yTI)
垢版 |
2024/02/20(火) 00:42:23.27ID:E2Vc+Ebx0
たとえば、自分がメーカー営業で、そこへ海外からの問い合わせ客の役をGPT側にさせるようなロールプレイもできるんでしょうか?
0652名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW e374-7yTI)
垢版 |
2024/02/21(水) 23:11:01.01ID:9mC0uywV0
>>651
ありがとうございます。そりゃいいですね。アカウントとります。
0653名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW a302-WqnS)
垢版 |
2024/02/22(木) 07:57:00.99ID:cnW/3R2D0
面白いよ
電話のロールプレイにはかなり向いてる
基本は質問して回答、だからこっちが何も言わないと何も返さない
沈黙が続かないように何でもいいから会話する
5W1Hの質問でキャッチボールを続ける
ひたすら慣れるしか無いんだがその練習ができる
0654名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 9f23-2/vB)
垢版 |
2024/02/29(木) 01:04:07.43ID:cq18hIff0
>>15
> “The OED Loves Me Not”, this Is a pseudonym of a person who has devoted himself to studying English.
> Write an acrostic poem based on the pseudonym, expressing deep respect for him.
「The OED Loves Me Not」、これは英語の研究に専念している人のペンネームである。
このペンネームをもとに、彼への深い尊敬の念を表したアクロスティック・ポエムを書きましょう。
0655名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 9f23-2/vB)
垢版 |
2024/02/29(木) 01:43:28.29ID:cq18hIff0
>>32
> ChatGPT:
> Sentence B uses the conjunction "while" which is more appropriate for describing an action that was in progress at the same time as another action. "When" is used to describe an action that happens at a specific time, but in this case the action of reading a book is ongoing and the interruption of the door opening happens simultaneously, so "while" is more appropriate. Additionally, it's more idiomatic and natural.

文A:「私が本を読んでいると、父が突然部屋のドアを開けた。この文は、本を読むという動作にもう少し重点を置いている。文B: "While I was reading a book, my father suddenly opened the door of the room." この文では、本を読むという動作がもう少し強調されている。この文は2つの動作が同時に起こっていることを感じさせる。つまり、"when "と "while "のどちらを選ぶかは、正確な文脈と強調したい内容によります。読書中に中断されたことを強調したいなら、"when "を使う。この2つの出来事が同時に起こっていたことを伝えたいなら、"while "を使います。
0656名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 9f23-2/vB)
垢版 |
2024/02/29(木) 01:53:39.96ID:cq18hIff0
>>34
> According to my interpretation, in situation A, Jack stopped reading at the moment when his father opened the door. On the contrary, in situation B, Jack continued reading even after the moment of the door opening.
>
> Do you accept this interpretation?

英語では、"when "と "while "はどちらも同時に起こった2つの事柄について話すのに使えますが、微妙にニュアンスが異なります。"when "は、ある動作(ジャックの父親がドアを開けた)が、別の動作(ジャックが本を読んでいた)が行われている間の特定の時点で起こったことを示すのによく使われます。一方、"while "は、ある期間にわたって継続的に起こっていること(ジャックは本を読んでいた)、その間に別のことも起こった(父親がドアを開けた)ことを表すのに使われます。これは、2つの動作が同時に起こっていたことを暗示することができ、あなたの文Bの解釈のように、一方の動作が他方の動作を中断したことを必ずしも示唆するものではありません。しかし、これらは微妙なニュアンスの違いであり、文にはジャックが読むのを止めたのか続けたのかが明示されていないことに注意が必要です。正確な解釈は文脈や話し手の意図によります。
0657名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 9f23-2/vB)
垢版 |
2024/02/29(木) 01:58:15.83ID:cq18hIff0
>>35
> Which situation ls more likely to happen in our daily lives?
どちらの状況も日常生活で起こりうることであり、本当に特定の状況や関係する個人によって異なります。A文のように、誰かが部屋に入ってきたり、邪魔が入ったりしたときに、その人がしていること(本を読むなど)を中断する場合もあります。それぞれの状況の可能性は、関係する人々の性格、中断の性質、中断される活動の重要性などの要因によって異なります。
0658ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 511d-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/19(火) 11:17:48.46ID:zWaocEsc0
他スレの話題から。
"I will become a doctor."という表現は不自然なのか。

prompt:
"I will become a doctor."

Are there situations in which the statement above sounds natural?
If so, show me three monologue-style examples.

Copilot (GPT-4):
Certainly, the statement "I will become a doctor" can sound natural in various contexts, especially when someone is expressing their future goals or aspirations. Here are three monologue-style examples:

(続く)
0659ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 511d-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/19(火) 11:18:55.28ID:zWaocEsc0
(続き)
1. **High School Graduation Speech:**
"As we stand on the precipice of our future, I want to share my dream with all of you. I will become a doctor. Not just any doctor, but one who serves in underprivileged communities, bringing healthcare to those who need it most. This is more than a career for me; it's a calling, a way to give back to society."

2. **Medical School Interview:**
"Why do I want to join your esteemed institution? Because I have a vision that drives me every day. I will become a doctor who not only heals but also innovates in medical science. I am committed to lifelong learning and research that will save lives and improve patient care."

3. **Personal Reflection:**
"Looking back at all the challenges I've faced, I see a path that has led me to where I am today. I will become a doctor, and every obstacle I've overcome has been a stepping stone towards this goal. My passion for medicine grows stronger with each day, and I am dedicated to making this dream a reality."

These examples illustrate different scenarios where someone might express their determination and commitment to pursuing a career in medicine.

https://sl.bing.net/d6jPXZn1lAa
0660ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 511d-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/19(火) 11:27:57.37ID:zWaocEsc0
単純未来と意志未来の用例。
LDOCEの定義を援用。
https://www.ldoceonline.com/jp/dictionary/will

prompt:
# Definition
According to a dictionary, the auxiliary verb "will" can be used "to make future tenses (A)" or "to show that someone is willing or ready to do something (B).

# Task
Present an example of A and B respectively in Definition in the form of short monologues containing the following utterance.
"I will become a doctor."

Claude3Sonnet:
A. Example of using "will" to make a future tense:

"I have been working hard throughout my academic journey, and I can confidently say, 'I will become a doctor.' With unwavering determination and a passion for helping others, I am committed to pursuing a career in medicine. The road ahead may be challenging, but I am prepared to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to achieving this goal."

B. Example of using "will" to show willingness or readiness:

"As a compassionate individual, I will become a doctor. I am willing to embrace the responsibilities that come with this noble profession. I am ready to dedicate countless hours to studying, learning, and honing my skills. With an open mind and a caring heart, I will strive to provide the best possible care for my patients, alleviating their suffering and promoting their well-being."
0661名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW fb50-+zff)
垢版 |
2024/03/19(火) 21:04:12.66ID:wB0yDe0B0
>>660
Aだけど単純未来じゃないと思う。
am prepared to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to achieving this goal
と書いてるから、willingnessの例と思う。
Aiがインチキしたんじゃないのかな?
0662ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 51a3-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/21(木) 11:12:36.52ID:cpT9BVn70
次のようなプロンプトを考えました。

# Definition
According to a dictionary, the auxiliary verb "will" can be used "to make future tenses (A)" or "to show that someone is willing or ready to do something (B).

# Task
Define the usage of "will" in the following passages.

1: "I have been working hard throughout my academic journey, and I can confidently say, 'I will become a doctor.' "

2: “I have been working hard throughout my career as a meteorologist, and I can confidently say, ‘It will rain tomorrow.’”

2は「単純未来」以外ありえません。
1は確かに微妙ですね。
can confidently sayの対象となるものは、意志よりも予想の方が妥当だとは思いますが。

こういう微妙な文法概念の判定については、AIはハルシネーションを起こしがちです。

https://sl.bing.net/kZW55FqglYi
0663ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 51a3-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/21(木) 11:13:44.86ID:cpT9BVn70
Copilot (GPT-4):

The usage of "will" in the given passages can be defined as follows:

1. In the sentence "I have been working hard throughout my academic journey, and I can confidently say, 'I will become a doctor,'" the word "will" is used to express a **future tense (A)**. It indicates the speaker's future action or state of becoming a doctor, which is a result of their hard work and determination.

2. In the sentence “I have been working hard throughout my career as a meteorologist, and I can confidently say, ‘It will rain tomorrow,’” the word "will" is also used to express a **future tense (A)**. Here, it predicts a future event or condition, specifically that it is going to rain the next day, based on the speaker's expertise as a meteorologist.
0664ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 513c-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/21(木) 23:42:20.35ID:cpT9BVn70
determined to do の意志の強さについて。

prompt:
A: I will become a doctor.
B: I am determined to become a doctor.

If you can rate the strength of the speaker's will on a scale of 0 to 100, what grade would you give to the statements above?
Rate A and B and state the arguments for your rating.

Claude3Sonnet:
When rating the strength of the speaker's will, I would give the following scores:

A: "I will become a doctor." - 70/100
This statement expresses a strong sense of determination and commitment to becoming a doctor. By using the phrase "I will," the speaker is asserting their intention to make this happen. However, the statement lacks additional context or reasoning to reinforce the strength of their will.

B: "I am determined to become a doctor." - 90/100
This statement is even more direct and explicit in expressing the speaker's determination to become a doctor. By using the phrase "I am determined," the speaker is explicitly stating their resolute mindset and unwavering commitment to achieving this goal. The use of the present tense "am" further reinforces the current and ongoing nature of their determination.

(続く)
0665ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 513c-iAld)
垢版 |
2024/03/21(木) 23:43:17.46ID:cpT9BVn70
(続き)
Here are the arguments for my ratings:

For Statement A:
- The use of "will" indicates a strong intention and commitment to the goal.
- However, the statement lacks additional context or justification for the speaker's will.
- It could be interpreted as a simple statement of future plans rather than a deep-rooted determination.

For Statement B:
- The use of "I am determined" directly and explicitly states the speaker's resolute mindset.
- The present tense reinforces that this determination is current and ongoing.
- The statement leaves no ambiguity about the strength of the speaker's will to become a doctor.
- It suggests that the speaker has put significant thought and effort into this goal and is unwavering in their commitment to achieving it.

Overall, while both statements express a desire to become a doctor, Statement B conveys a stronger and more explicit sense of determination and unwavering commitment, which is why I have given it a higher rating.
0666名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW bf7d-QvOf)
垢版 |
2024/05/01(水) 10:18:42.76ID:svINGYDe0
言い替え
0667ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 10:32:26.21ID:ww8uqDVv00606
Prompt:
「あいつも立派になったものだなあ」

この文の語尾にある「なあ」には「詠嘆」ニュアンスが含まれています。このニュアンスをできる限り正確に表現した英文の翻訳例を5つ提示してください。

Claude (Sonnet):
1. "Look how he has grown into a fine person."
2. "He has truly become an admirable individual, hasn't he?"
3. "It's quite remarkable how much he has accomplished, isn't it?"
4. "You have to admit, he has really come a long way."
5. "He has certainly turned out to be an impressive individual, hasn't he?"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
0668ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 10:35:13.05ID:ww8uqDVv00606
Copilot ( GPT4):
https://sl.bing.net/g120OQ87vTE
もちろん、以下に「詠嘆」のニュアンスを含む英文の翻訳例を5つ提示します。
1. “He really has become something, hasn’t he?”
2. “Wow, he’s grown up to be quite impressive, huh?”
3. “Look at him, he turned out to be quite remarkable, eh?”
4. “I must say, he’s certainly made something of himself, no?”
5. “He’s truly come a long way, wouldn’t you agree?”
これらの例は、日本語の「なあ」が持つ感嘆や感動のニュアンスを英語で表現しています。翻訳は文脈によって異なることがあるため、これらの例がその文の意図に合っているかどうかは、具体的な状況によります。他にも翻訳のご希望があれば、お知らせください。
0669ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 10:59:07.36ID:ww8uqDVv00606
Prompt:
5つの例文で採用されたストラテジーを箇条書きにしてください。

Copilot(GPT4):
もちろんです。以下に、5つの例文で採用された翻訳ストラテジーを箇条書きにします。
・感嘆詞の使用: 英語では感嘆を表すために “Wow” や “Look at him” のような感嘆詞を使います。
・疑問形の導入: “hasn’t he?” や “wouldn’t you agree?” のように、文末に疑問形を加えることで、話し手の感動や確認を求めるニュアンスを表現しています。
・口語的表現の利用: “huh” や “eh” などの口語的な表現を使うことで、日本語の「なあ」と同様の親しみやすさを表現しています。
・肯定的な修飾語の使用: “quite impressive” や “truly come a long way” のように、肯定的な修飾語を使って、話し手の感嘆や評価を強調しています。
・主語の強調: “He really has” や “I must say” のように、主語を強調することで、話し手の個人的な感想や感動を表現しています。
これらのストラテジーは、日本語の感嘆のニュアンスを英語に翻訳する際に有効です。他にも質問があれば、お気軽にどうぞ。
0670ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 13:22:49.42ID:ww8uqDVv00606
Prompt:
A: あいつも立派になったものだなあ。
B: あいつも立派になったものだねえ。
語尾にある「なあ」と「ねえ」のニュアンスの違いをできる限り正確に表現した英文の翻訳例を5組提示してください。
0671ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 13:26:06.30ID:ww8uqDVv00606
Claude (Sonnet):
「なあ」と「ねえ」の語尾の違いを英語で表現するのは難しい課題ですが、ここに5組の翻訳例を提示します。

1. A: He really has grown up to be an admirable person, hasn't he?
B: He certainly has become an impressive individual, hasn't he?

2. A: Look how far he's come, don't you think?
B: He's really become quite accomplished, wouldn't you say?
0672ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (テトリス 293f-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/06(木) 13:26:34.05ID:ww8uqDVv00606
3. A: He's turned out to be quite the remarkable person, wouldn't you agree?
B: He's really matured into someone commendable, don't you think?

4. A: It's amazing how he's developed into such a respectable person, isn't it?
B: He's really blossomed into someone impressive, hasn't he?

5. A: He's grown to be an admirable individual, you have to admit.
B: You can't deny he's become a remarkable person, can you?

In these examples, I tried to capture the nuance of "なあ" as a persuasive or rhetorical prompt seeking agreement, while "ねえ" is more of an inviting reflection or observation. However, it's important to note that the English translations cannot fully convey the subtle shades of meaning present in the Japanese particles.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
0673ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 290e-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/07(金) 00:38:28.68ID:+NpBHMJz0
"What do you bring to cook?"を含む会話を生成させる。

Prompt:
# Task:
Craft a short dialogue between Gilbert and Ann.

# Background Context:
Gilbert is a seasoned camper with extensive experience in wilderness adventures. He’s knowledgeable about the necessary equipment, skills, and safety measures for a successful camping experience.
Ann is a beginner in camping, with a strong desire to immerse herself in outdoor adventures. Despite her enthusiasm, she lacks the hands-on experience and is eager to absorb knowledge from Gilbert.

# Setting:
The dialogue unfolds as Gilbert and Ann are in the midst of planning a joint camping expedition.

#Specific Condition:
At some point in their exchange, Ann should ask, “What do you bring to cook?”
0674ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 290e-GQRL)
垢版 |
2024/06/07(金) 00:39:15.39ID:+NpBHMJz0
Copilot(GPT4):
https://sl.bing.net/iTrXcGlMCDk
Gilbert: Alright, Ann, have you got your checklist ready? Camping in the wild is an adventure, but we've got to be prepared.

Ann: I've got my tent and sleeping bag, but I'm not sure what else is essential. What do you usually bring?

Gilbert: Good start! Make sure your sleeping bag is appropriate for the season. Besides that, a reliable backpack, water purification tablets, and a first-aid kit are crucial.

Ann: Got it. And for food? I mean, **what do you bring to cook?**

Gilbert: Ah, the best part of camping! I keep it simple. A portable stove, a pot, some utensils, and non-perishable foods like pasta, beans, and rice. Fresh vegetables and fruits for the first day are great too.

Ann: That sounds manageable. And how do you plan meals?

Gilbert: Plan for each day. Breakfast can be oatmeal or granola bars, lunch could be sandwiches, and dinner, something hearty like a pasta dish. Always pack extra snacks too.

Ann: This is really helpful, Gilbert. I can't wait to get out there and try all this!

Gilbert: You're going to do great. Remember, it's about enjoying nature and learning as we go. Let's make this trip memorable!
0675ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 97bd-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 09:33:46.54ID:CwP0RPkg0
別スレの話題より。
特定の文構造を持つ例文のペアを生成する。

Prompt:
Create several pairs of sentences (A and B) for novice learners of English.
Each sentence has the same syntax structure as shown below.

Sentence A:
S, Noun of which V, V …

Sentence B:
S, whose Noun of which V, V …

Ensure that each sentence pair conveys the same meaning.

Sample:
A: Mt Fuji, the top of which was covered with snow, was very beautiful.
B: Mt Fuji, whose top was covered with snow, was very beautiful.
0676ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 97bd-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 09:35:04.12ID:CwP0RPkg0
Copilot (GPT4):
https://sl.bing.net/dV6Hksg3Lem
Certainly! Here are several pairs of sentences for novice learners of English:

A: The library, the books of which are very old, is closing soon.
B: The library, whose books are very old, is closing soon.

A: The car, the engine of which is very powerful, won the race.
B: The car, whose engine is very powerful, won the race.

A: The museum, the artifacts of which are from ancient Greece, is fascinating.
B: The museum, whose artifacts are from ancient Greece, is fascinating.

A: The garden, the flowers of which are in full bloom, looks stunning.
B: The garden, whose flowers are in full bloom, looks stunning.

A: The computer, the screen of which is broken, needs to be repaired.
B: The computer, whose screen is broken, needs to be repaired.

These pairs follow the same syntactic structure and convey the same meaning, making them suitable for helping novice English learners understand the use of “of which” and “whose” in sentences.
0677ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 97bd-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 10:29:24.14ID:CwP0RPkg0
面白みに欠けるので、Prompをちょっと変え、wrtnのGPT-4oで試してみた。

Prompt: Create several pairs of sentences (A and B) with wit and humor.
(以下変更無し)

wrtn (GPT-4o):
Here are a few pairs of sentences with wit and humor, following the same syntax structure:

A: Aunt Gertrude, the wardrobe of which was filled with moth-eaten sweaters, was a true fashion icon.
B: Aunt Gertrude, whose wardrobe was filled with moth-eaten sweaters, was a true fashion icon.

A: My neighbor's dog, the bark of which could shatter glass, was the neighborhood's alarm system.
B: My neighbor's dog, whose bark could shatter glass, was the neighborhood's alarm system.

A: The ancient tome, the pages of which were held together with duct tape, contained the secrets of the universe.
B: The ancient tome, whose pages were held together with duct tape, contained the secrets of the universe.

A: The professor's desk, the drawers of which were overflowing with ungraded essays, was a monument to academic procrastination.
B: The professor's desk, whose drawers were overflowing with ungraded essays, was a monument to academic procrastination.

A: The unicorn, the horn of which was fashioned from a pool noodle, was the most majestic creature in the land.
B: The unicorn, whose horn was fashioned from a pool noodle, was the most majestic creature in the land.
0678ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 97bd-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 11:10:57.19ID:CwP0RPkg0
今見直したらpromptに致命的なミスがあるのに気づいた。

Sentence B:
誤) S, whose Noun of which V, V …
正) S, whose Noun V, V …

こんな致命的ミスにもかかわらす正常に動作したのは、Sampleの例文があったからだろう。
Sampleつけるのは有効なようだ。
0679ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 9777-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 12:29:39.07ID:CwP0RPkg0
AIに文法範疇を尋ねても当てにならない例。

Prompt:
Is practice in the following sentence a noun or a verb?

What do you bring to practice?

Copilot (GPT4):
In the sentence “What do you bring to practice?” the word “practice” is used as a noun. It refers to a session or exercise for the purpose of training or improvement in a skill. The sentence is asking what items someone brings to such a session.

Prompt:
Can it be interpreted as a verb?

Copilot:
In the given sentence, “practice” is unlikely to be interpreted as a verb. The structure of the sentence suggests that “practice” is a place or event to which one brings something, which aligns with its use as a noun. If “practice” were to be used as a verb, the sentence would need to be restructured to make sense, for example: “What do you practice?”

Prompt:
I found a sentence below in a website. "What do I need to bring to practise?" The author herself, a yoga instructor in U.K, confirms that the word "practise" is used as a verb. If she had written in American English, she should have written "What do I need to bring to practice?" Here, "practice" is used as a verb.

Copilot:
You’re correct. In British English, “practise” is indeed the verb form, and the sentence “What do I need to bring to practise?” uses “practise” as a verb. It implies the action of doing yoga. In American English, however, “practice” serves as both the noun and the verb form. So, if the author were using American English, the sentence “What do I need to bring to practice?” could still be correct, with “practice” being used as a verb, depending on the context. It’s important to note the difference in spelling and usage between American and British English in this case. Thank you for pointing that out! 😊
(続く)
0680ブタ耳 ◆2wLzAFYxl2 (ワッチョイ 9777-JD1Y)
垢版 |
2024/06/17(月) 12:30:04.89ID:CwP0RPkg0
(続き)
Prompt:
Have you revised your initial comment?

Copilot:
Yes, I have revised my initial comment. Upon reflection, I recognize that the word “practice” can indeed be used as a verb in American English, as in “What do I need to bring to practice?” This would imply the action of practicing something, such as yoga. In British English, the spelling “practise” as a verb is correct, and “practice” is used as a noun. I appreciate your attention to this detail, and I’m glad we could clarify the usage together. 😊
レスを投稿する

ニューススポーツなんでも実況