se give us short introduction of yourself:
I was born in The Hague, Holland 1967 but my family moved to Sweden when I was two.So far I can remember I have always loved drawing and painting.
When I grew up we had a big cupboard filled with colors, papers, clay and fun stuff and I think that had a big impact on me.
Both my parents are both creative even tough they never worked professionally with it.
My first job in the creative field was at a small advertising agency when I was around 20.
I worked there for a couple of years and learned a lot.
In between I took a half year break and went to Berlin and studied German and took several art classes.
After that I quit the job at the agency and went to art school for two years and discovered that I was more interested in illustration than art direction so after graduation I started my freelance career as an illustrator. That was in the early 90´s.
– Where or how do you get inspirations, or what inspires you for new designs??
I LOVE visiting second hand stores and flea markets, preferable at the countryside.
Walking around in a big barn filled with weird stuff is inspiring indeed.
Old children’s books, especially those from the 50s and 60s, are very inspiring.
The layout, colors and illustrations can be SO awesome and edgy.
And they’re often illustrated in just two colors, which I love.
Or traveling to other cities and just stroll about, sit in cafes and visit antiquarian bookstores is lovely aswell.
北欧デザイナーインゲラ・アリアニウスさんのプロフィール写真
-How or what kind of people do you expect to use your designed products?
I love to work in a style that is for children but stylish enough to be bought by people without kids.
I love that kind of estethics myself and have a lot of designertoys on my bookshelves.