>>319
このQuinn Rusnellさんはこの言葉をフェロン主義に基く皮肉の様なものと受け取っている様やね

While much of what he writes about the life of Aristotle is referenced in other works, many of his sayings, such as this, are not. Being over 600 years after Aristotle, and without references which can be traced back to reputable sources, this reference is can neither be considered hearsay nor true. It is likely more of a literary or rhetorical device in order to elicit humour in its audience.
Aristotle is presented as a clever trickster, and when he is not clever, slapstick will have to do. I wouldn't attribute it to Aristotle based on this document, and I wouldn't read too much into it.
But if you did want to read something into it, understand that Diogenes Laertius himself was a Pyrrhonian skeptic, meaning he believed that we can't know anything, even that we can't know anything (see Pyrrhonism).
So if it means anything at all, and I'm skeptical it does, it means that hope is an illusion like a dream, but one which we have while we are awake. It is a waking dream for something which is not present and real.