Chat in English (英語で雑談) part 205
http://lavender.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1511354807/

Hey!!! All you NEETs, nerds, YouTube link spammers, pedophiles, neo-Nazis,
Yukorin enthusiasts, Nanako SOS admirers, Part-Time-Preachers,
Diplomats' spoiled sons, losers who can't remember Kanji characters,
Big-boobs fans, Weeaboo from around the world, learners of Japanese
who are too lazy to update their Japanese blogs very often, cunning
linguists, stupid fan girls of Johnny's Boys, Touhou pirates, and
that electrical super-gay who suffers from mental disease - This is your thread!
Let's hope the Internet-addicted housewife will come back soon!

We all wish for permanent world peace!
※前スレ
Chat in English (英語で雑談) part 206
http://lavender.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1516987808/
0484名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW 95bd-qXRP)
垢版 |
2018/05/17(木) 21:13:38.44ID:EjZarbAI0
Did you know she belives that watching dying people is actually a beautiful thing? Even though she has so much money given by donations from all over the world, she didn’t give any painkillers to them.
BUT when she was ill, she went to America and got painkillers and superb treatments from great doctors.... what a hypocrite
0487名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/17(木) 23:42:41.99ID:hrdOWH89a
somehow, i felt like looking up a word "chat" in a dictionary and did it on a dictionary website.

chat1 /tʃæt/ ●●○ verb (chatted, chatting) [intransitive]
1 (also chat away) especially British English to talk in a "friendly" informal way,
especially about things that are "not important"

having seen this, i am beginning to think that i should care more about what i post and how i post it in this thread.

hmm, it's interesting and i
0489名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 69c1-/w+O)
垢版 |
2018/05/18(金) 02:28:30.81ID:/d3ud+NL0
>>474, >>475
Thanks to you I finally understand what he was asking, geez, my reading comprehension is terrible as always.
So he said that from a grammatical standpoint, 食べている should be seen as one word,
but he's got a hunch that there are more than two verbs in the word, 食べる and いる, and this て in the middle works as conjugation, making up a compound verb with that.
I agree with him. However, the word doesn't have meaning by itself, like you said, it's only there to indicate the verb's tense is present continuous.
Also, bringing up a morpheme there is off-topic you say, well, you are right and thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding. And I think your English is awesome, too. Don't go too hard on yourself.
0490名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 19f7-04t6)
垢版 |
2018/05/18(金) 05:49:04.26ID:82GVQXAO0
It's definitely interesting hearing how natives parse their own language, and I suppose the reason 〜ている verbs could be viewed as a single word is because Japanese doesn't have a very explicit way of marking word boundaries.
English has spaces but Japanese really only has particles and maybe hiragana kanji transitions and 連体形 verbs and adjectives to mark the start and stop of a word.

Studying the grammar of Japanese has helped me get a better understanding of why some constructions are the way they are, but it seems that it is causing me to think in a way that a native wouldn't.
For example, when I see "知っている" I see 知る in the 連用形 form contracted with て plus いる which, from what I gather in this thread, is different to how a native would see it.
0492名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 05c8-Ewew)
垢版 |
2018/05/18(金) 18:43:46.67ID:xk/y5h2i0
>>487
How come you carefully post a rip?
There's no reason of beting carefull in the sentenses of the dictionally.
0499名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/19(土) 01:57:30.81ID:ygtmRNxDa
it is said that lithium-ion rechareable battery somehow starts burning by itself,
so you mustn't keep away from it when it is used, i mean, when it is plugged into some outlet.
i am wondering what the root cause of this unexpected burning is.
and i bet a lot of people leave their batteries behind while they do something else without keeping an eye on them...
0502名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/19(土) 11:02:25.45ID:ygtmRNxDa
>>500
daiso?
i am afraid i don't feel like paying daiso a visit to get a rechargeable battery...
luckily, i have never experienced my batteries or the other portable devices
suddenly starting burning by themselves.
i will intend to not be away when recharging them.
0515名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 00:03:28.54ID:BqzZqAyxa
it sounds cool to live in a very tall, tower-like apartment
which are developed and built very often in recent years in japan (called タワーマンション in japanese).
but according to a resident of such an apartment,
you are not allowed to dry your clothes or futons at balcony, outside of your room.
it is because those things might fall down to the ground at a very rapid speed and injure (or even kill) somebody below.
i was convinced to hear this but i would feel disappointed if i couldn't let the sun dry my clothes or futons at balcony...
the warm sunlight is really comfortable.
0516名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW 95bd-qXRP)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 00:34:57.57ID:yLfcZWEg0
My cousin is a resident of タワーマンション. He said you don’t have to separate gabages at all like combustibes, plastic, can, plastic bottles, bin etc etc because there is a guy who is specifically doing this job like separating gabages.
0517名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 00:46:04.38ID:BqzZqAyxa
>>516
oh it's definitely one of good points to live in tower-like apartment.
if you don't need to separate garbage, it's really time-saving
and it satisfies the residents' needs.
i believe that those who can live in such apartments tend to live hectic lives.
0518名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイW 95bd-qXRP)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 01:36:43.66ID:yLfcZWEg0
>>517
But he’s lived in those places for too long, he doen’t have any idea how common people do on a daily basis. For example, he can’t do any gabage separation, he even didn’t know there is 燃えるゴミの日 and 不燃物の日 until recently.

Oh well he is one of those rich IT people, so he does not even know such things in the first place.
0525名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 69c7-A9b3)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 23:39:58.86ID:mnEjriHY0
You may have what is called " hiruzu zoku" in your mind when you think highly of them.
Frankly, I care nothing for their life style. On the contrary, I would probably be a bit scared if I had to live in such a high rise.
That's because you can't escape from it once fire breaks out. Have you ever watched a movie titled " the Towering Inferno"?
It's so scary!!
Oh, that minds me, as the saying goes, " fools and smoke love hights"
It's a literal translation of " 馬鹿と煙は高いところが好き". I have no idea whether it gets across to foreigners.
0526525 (ワッチョイ 69c7-A9b3)
垢版 |
2018/05/21(月) 23:54:48.49ID:mnEjriHY0
correction minds → reminds  hight → heights
0527名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/22(火) 00:29:24.89ID:7bh6JueNa
>>524
i want to talk with them about what they did to earn them enough money to buy such an outstanding skyscraper apartment.
or about why they decided to live in there or what kinds of troubles they're facing by living there or what their present goals are etc..
i don't have such a friend.
0530名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ aebc-/w+O)
垢版 |
2018/05/22(火) 06:28:09.87ID:pPJi4+Sm0
>>527
If you want to that kind of things, you should read books which they wrote.
Almost all things you want will get in books if you have the ability to read and figure out.
0536名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sa02-E+aW)
垢版 |
2018/05/22(火) 21:31:11.74ID:8RLIt9D1a
Volume of my hair seem to have gradually decreased in the past few years.
i am afraid to completely lose my hair so i spray hair-caring lotion on my head after taking a bath.
plus i stimulate my head skin by tapping the fingers on it.
i need to seek more ways that help grow my precious hair.
0543名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワントンキン MMea-y4d0)
垢版 |
2018/05/22(火) 22:46:54.34ID:8BwcmtSBM
>>536

> Volume of my hair seem to have gradually decreased in the past few years.
> i am afraid to completely lose my hair so i spray hair-caring lotion on my head after taking a bath.
> plus i stimulate my head skin by tapping the fingers on it.
> i need to seek more ways that help grow my precious hair.

Go to a branch of biotech buying a ticket at Groupon.
0548名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 698d-RYnA)
垢版 |
2018/05/23(水) 23:13:54.21ID:XIYYBCLY0
I've learned that 陳建一's mother was Japanese and his Chinese father was naturalized. I thought he (the son) was a master chef from 四川 or something.
But his father was indeed a master chef from 四川, so I wasn't entirely wrong. 四川 is the place where mabo-dofu came from, I believe.

I've only read about 1/8 of 三国志 and run out of stamina cause there are so many other things to study.
I must whip my ass and continue before I forget the story. 三国志 is a must read for all boys and men and I must finish it.
0550名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ c1c1-HY9j)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 01:18:47.31ID:hjCoR7GX0
I once read it in elementary. (though I don't remember a bit of the story)
Since that and "Hadashi no Gen" were the only manga we could read on the school premises and the video game series 真・三國無双 was quite popular among us, I remember all of us were crazy about reading them.
0551名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sae3-A8DJ)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 01:38:39.44ID:trpGPf++a
an online article titled "deprivation of sleep is killing yourself and your career" is shocking for me.
it is full of informative advice and when i read it i thought that i must sleep longer hours everyday,
but i couldn't. i don't want to suddenly kill myself, because of lack of sleep alone.
i haven't contributed to my society in return for this or that.
0552名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウウー Sadd-3lwM)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 18:01:02.12ID:13njABQba
>>551
just read it the article your saying. hahaa can't keep with their telling, liking coffee and cigarette.
well I agree with you. This article suggests alot informative info but I guess there's few people can keep doing what recommends lol.

まあ…we can't esacape from dying, its because our life interval is limited as you know.
And we know its difficult to achieve all things we want in our litited times. what's most important in our life is that always keep thinking purpose of ours and try to do our best.
0554名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ c1c1-HY9j)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 20:23:03.75ID:hjCoR7GX0
>>553
What a spoiled cocky brat. He's not even lived long enough to know about any of this world but acting like he knew everything.
If I was the father of the kid, I would make sure to smack him in his breast-fed fucking fat face till he never mentions it again.
0555名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sae3-A8DJ)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 21:02:17.37ID:n+dfgODWa
months ago, people talked about that innovative transparent milk tea by suntory.
but it doesn't seem to have sold well as suntory expected,
and the product is now being sold at about 50 yen (with 63% discount) at a nearby supermarket.
0556名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ c18d-Ockd)
垢版 |
2018/05/24(木) 23:25:56.23ID:64A+fJJ50
For the one who was saying Abe is making Japan poorer, I recommend listening to 山本太郎.
He has wacky antics but seems to be learning about our economic problems from the right people.
Yamamoto constantly attacks Abe, so I think he's a perfect guy for the Abe haters to listen to.
0563名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sae3-A8DJ)
垢版 |
2018/05/25(金) 22:16:34.48ID:cE4I8fcXa
i don't have a smartphone and from time to time, i think about buying one.
iphone seems to be the most popular model in japan,
so i look into selecting another model like sharp's aquos or sony's xperia.
but i don't know which part or which function of those models is better than iphone...
i wonder if i should purchase iphone, to play safe.
0567名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sae3-A8DJ)
垢版 |
2018/05/25(金) 23:52:01.93ID:cE4I8fcXa
i saw an amazon's kindle for the first time yesterday and was relly surprised at how small it is.
i guess it is smaller than even japanese novel in a cheap version (called 文庫本).
if the data of tens of thousands of books can be saved in that small device,
you can call it a walking-library.
0569名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ c1c1-HY9j)
垢版 |
2018/05/26(土) 01:49:15.86ID:HgCq+hT40
>>563
If you are going with iPhone, I really don't think iPhone 8 Plus would be your (or anyone's) best choice.
I have one myself, the device is so huge that sometimes I find it hard to "just" type when holding it one handed. And it also often slips out of my pocket as I get off of my car.
I watch movies a lot, so its wider screen comes in handy in that respect, but I promise most general users will eventually get sick of this unusually over-sized device.
0575名無しさん@英語勉強中 (アウアウエーT Sae3-A8DJ)
垢版 |
2018/05/28(月) 00:43:25.39ID:fimV2slDa
are there any OS's for smartphones available other than ios and android?
i began to get interested in minor OS even though i think the actual OS i will choose at last would be ios or android.
my hands are small, so i believe the dimensions of iphone 8 would be a bit too large for me.
■ このスレッドは過去ログ倉庫に格納されています

ニューススポーツなんでも実況