I checked Aso's video from 2011. He was definitely the opposite of the current economic policies.
He said what is important now is NOT fiscal reconstruction but to end deflation completely and get the economy back on track.
He pointed out the stupidity of worrying about government bonds and inflation in the current situation.
He also talked about the importance of public investment in the current situation.
And then, AFTER getting the economy back on track, we should start thinking about tax if really needed, he said.

From what I heard, Abe was the same with Aso's stance.
Apparently Abe published a book before the election in 2012, and what was written in it is basically the opposite of what the government has been doing after the election.
Monetary easing is probably the only thing that has actually been done properly.

Something is fundamentally wrong with our politics. It seems that some groups of unelected people are deciding everything.
I understand that not everything can go as planned before the election, but what the current government has been doing is like the total opposite of what they were saying.
When it becomes this bad and crooked, it has to be addressed and corrected.

to be continued